Friday, July 10, 2009

Farmer's market

I love spring, but when summer arrives, I know it is farmer's market time! We have a garden and a pretty large one! Gordon is the gardener, I'm just the canner, preserver, freezer person! Tomorrow is Saturday, I go to the local farmer's market with $20 and see how far I can stretch it! I usually stay in that budget, but as summer progresses I sometimes go overboard! Right now, there's radishes, snap peas, beets, onions, lettuce, spinach, new potatoes, beautiful flowers, cilantro, and strawberries! I think I named everything, I just know it's alot of produce and I LOVE it!! My head starts spinning on what I can make for the week ahead with all the goodies! I hope you come to the farmer's market, meet the farmers and enjoy the company of other shoppers! If you see me, let's walk around together and maybe later go for coffee downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...