Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Apple coffee cake


My cousin bought a copy of Taste of Home magazine. We looked through it and I found a recipe for apple coffee cake, but changed it slightly to call my own! It's in the newest copy on the magazine stand now with the pumpkin on front! Here's Apple coffee cake my way: 1 pkg of frozen Rhodes dinner rolls(22 in pkg), 4 apples peeled and cut up, 1 cup of sugar, 1 small pkg of sliced almond. Let the dinner rolls thaw out, at this point make 2 separate balls with the dough. The dough will be a little difficult to roll out, but be patient with it!! I sprayed 2 jelly pans to use to bake, place the rolled out dough on the pans, next add the apples, sugar and almonds between the 2 pans. Fold over and seal the edges of the dough, flip the dough over so the seam is down, let this rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. When cooled, make the frosting with powdered sugar and water, sprinkle more almonds on top! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings! I will try and make this again, so there will be pictures this weekend! P.S. this is my aunt and uncle in Missouri with their great granddaughter, Annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...