Friday, August 21, 2009

pecan rolls



Last night at 8p.m. I decided to make pecan rolls for breakfast! I really like pecan rolls and coffee for breakfast, but I limit the times I make them so that they stay something special to have every now and then! My recipe is very simple for the dough: 2T. or 1 package of yeast, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 1/2 cups of tepid water and 1/4c of oil. Mix this together and let sit for 5 minutes, add 3 cups of flour and mix well! Add more flour( this is where you need to go easy on the flour, maybe 1/4c at a time) if this is too sticky and let rise for about 1 hour in an oiled bowl! Put some flour on the counter to roll out dough, roll dough out to about 2 inches thick, butter the dough, add brown sugar and cinnamon to the dough, then add 1/2c. chopped pecans! Pan size is 9 by 13 that greased, add 1/4c of corn syrup to the pan, 1/4c brown sugar, and 1/2c of pecans to the bottom of pan. Gently place the cut rolls in pan and let this rise for an hour or over night in the refrigerator! Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 1/2 hour or until golden brown! Enjoy!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...