Wednesday, September 8, 2010

winner


I love cooking, therefore I love watching the Foodnetwork, reading every food magazine that suits my fancy and blogging about food! So, I was thrilled when the woman I was rooting for on "The Next Foodnetwork Star" won!!!! Aatri is a wonderful chef and blogger! So, I watched her new TV show and made this chocolate pie from last Saturday's show!! All I can say is YUM!!!!! Recipe follows: I made a graham cracker pie crust, but Aarti made a chocolate wafer/gingersnap pie crust for her pie. Filling for pie: 2 cups of whole milk, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 5 oz of bittersweet chocolate, 2 Tablespoons of chopped candied ginger. Make crust using a food processor to crush cookies or crackers, add 3/4 cup of melted butter and pulse together, put in pie pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350. Mix milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in saucepan, then add sugar, corn starch, and chocolate. Bring to boil over medium heat whisking constantly for 1 minute(watch this). Stir in ginger(I omitted the ginger) and pour into pie shell. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours( this is so...............long). Serve with whipped cream! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...