Thursday, September 23, 2010

meatloaf and not the singer(sorry)



I really love meatloaf! I love the many ways and combinations that some people come up for making a very simple meat dish! Some are very great tasting and some I wouldn't feed to the dog(which we don't have anymore)! I got this latest recipe from thepioneerwoman.com website(I love that site), thanks Ree! I made a few changes as I didn't have everything that she uses on hand, so here is my take: 1 cup of canned milk, 1 cup of bread crumbs, 2 pounds of ground meat(I used venison),1/2 cup of parsley chopped, 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 4 eggs(beaten).Preheat oven to 350. Mix the bread crumbs and milk, add meat, salts, black pepper, cheese and parsley, then add the eggs. Mix well with your hands. Place into pan, I used an iron skillet! Glaze is 1/2 cup of ketchup, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of mustard. Pour this over the meatloaf and bake for 45 minutes at 350. Very pretty and excellent taste! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...