Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Paula Deen



I really enjoy Paula Deen, some people don't and that's ok! But I had leftover squash from supper tonight and decided to make a squash pie, then I decided to make Paula Deen's pumpkin pecan pie using squash! Who knew!!!! Anyway, here is her recipe with my twist: 3 eggs, 1 cup of corn syrup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 cup of squash pureed, 1 cup of pecans and 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell. Preheat oven to 350, using a mixer add eggs, sugar and corn syrup, mix well, then add the squash, butter. Place pie shell in pan and arrange the pecans on the bottom of shell, slowly pour the mixture over the pecans. Bake for 1 hour or until the knife comes out clean, this is very important, PLEASE cool the pie before serving! YUM!!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...