Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beef bourgongion


Well, the day started off so nice,then after I got home from church realized if I was going to make this beef dish I had better start!After reading the recipe again for the 5th time, I realized I am not going to follow it to the T, that's not me! So, I combined a few steps and here we go!! I got the oven preheated to 450, I cut up the beef(chuck steak) into cubes and cut up the 4 strips of bacon. I started the bacon off in the cast iron pot, added 1 tablespoon of olive oil after the bacon got brown and added the cubed beef. I browned the meat and added 2 carrots cut up, plus 1 onion cut up. I let that brown for 5 minutes and added 2 tablespoons of flour on top and stirred that around in the pan, I then added 2 cups of beef broth and 1/2c of red wine, some salt and pepper. I put the lid on the pan and into the oven, I check it out after 30 minutes and added 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of sage and 1 clove of garlic. Put this back into the oven and turn down the heat to 350 for 2 hours, at that time add 1 container of cut up mushroom and 1 bag of frozen pearl onions. Back into the oven for 2 more hours. It's good and Gordon gave it 2 thumbs up, said it tasted like a great beef stew! It's a lot of work, but done! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...