Friday, March 2, 2012

new recipe

The other day I was searching for a recipe to serve today for lunch! I landed at She Cooks and LeAnn had a swedish meatball recipe I thought I can do this for lunch! So, that it whats for lunch today with our friends Joe and Roseanne. Recipe: for meatballs: saute 1 medium chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of melted butter in pan until the onion is translucent, let this cool before you add to it the following: 1c. of Italian breadcrumbs, 2 pounds of ground meat( I used our venison), 2 teaspoons of Worchestire sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 large egg, 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix this well and form meatballs. I placed mine on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake them for 20 minutes at 350. For the gravy: 3 tablespoons of butter melted in pan that you used for onions, add 3 tablepsoons of flour to make a roux, stir this around the pan for a couple of minutes till the flour is mixed in with the butter, add 2 cups of beef broth, 1 teaspoon of Worchestire sauce, 2 tablespoons of lingonberry jam( if you can't find lingonberry jam, don't substitute anything else),

1/3 cup of heavy cream. This makes a wonderful gravy, place meatballs into pan to throughly soak up some gravy! Serve with mashed potatoes! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...