Wednesday, March 14, 2012

spring is here???

I saw a robin today, a red-winged blackbird on Monday and the snow is pretty much gone from the yard! I'm thinking that spring is here! I made baked beans for supper tonight to have with chicken! I love baked beans and came up with recipe all by myself, but it's probably in everyone's cookbook somewhere!
Baked Beans: 1/2 of a small package of navy beans(soak these for 8 hrs at least), cook the beans for 2 hours to soften them up, check to see how soft they are(cook the beans at 30 minutes intervals until they are soft enough for you, maybe for another hour or so). I added, 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of molasses, 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt, 1 onion chopped, and 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Cook for another hour, add cooked bacon maybe 3 slices that are browned well. Yum! Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...