Sunday, October 11, 2009

5 minute bread



I was in the mood to make bread, so I got my stuff together and made this 5 minute bread. Recipe follow: 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons of yeast, 3 cups of lukewarm water(almost cool). Let the yeast dissolve and then add 6 cups of bread flour( you can use all purpose, but bread flour is better). Mix this together, it will be wet and sticky, but don't PANIC!!!!! I usually use an ice cream bucket that has a lid to mix this in, let it sit for 2 hours to rise! Then divide into 2 loaves or one large loaf(like I did today). Let this rise again after you put the dough into the pan for another 40 minutes. Bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes, with a shallow pan of water on the bottom shelf of oven. This will make a very crusty bread to serve with the jelly! YUM is the word of the day!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...