Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Relish

So, I'm finally back with the relish recipe! Recipe: 10 cups of finely chopped zucchini, 4 cups of finely chopped onion(sweet), 1 green bell pepper finely chopped, 1 red pepper finely chopped, 1 hot pepper finely chopped, put in an non-reactive bowl(not metal), and cover with 5 tablespoons of pickling salt. Let this set overnight or in my case for 13 hours. Drain the vegetables and rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse them! Put the veggies in a large pot. Meanwhile, dissolve 1 tablespoon of corn starch in 2 1/2 cups of vinegar, pour that over veggies, add 4 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 tablespoon of nutmeg, 2 teaspoons of celery salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Let all this come to a boil, then turn down heat to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes-45 minutes. This will be thick and pack into clean, sterile jars. I put this into pint jars for easy handling. Water bath this for 10 minutes and let it cool on the counter for 12 hours before moving to a cool, dry place. It's really good on hot dogs!!! Also, you can use your food processor to chop the veggies, but I didn't! This will make great gifts!! Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...