Tuesday, August 7, 2012

peach jam

Last Thursday I bought a 1/2 bushel of Colorado peaches from Holly! They were pretty tasty and needed to have something done with them before they went bad. So Saturday morning I got up at 5:50a.m. after not falling to sleep until 12:45a.m. to work on the peaches. I got the canner up from the basement and set to work on peaches. I canned 7 pints of peaches in light syrup, 5 pints of peach jam and 2 pies for the freezer. I forget to get the jam out for breakfast or snacks or pb and j sandwiches as a general rule after I make the jam, go figure! Gordon isn't much for eating jam unless I put it on his toast or biscuits. But our neighbor Joel loves jam on crackers for a snack
and he gets quite a few jars from us throughout the year, he's a great neighbor!! So, here's to jam for Joel and Sharon!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...