Sunday, August 19, 2012

pickled salad

I found this recipe at foodiewithfamily.com last week. So, with this being my weekend off, I decided to make it. I went to the farmer's market on Saturday to get an onion and some cucumbers, as I had the peppers. So, here is the recipe: 2 cucumbers sliced into matchsticks, 1 red onions sliced very thinly and matchsticks, 2 red peppers sliced into matchsticks(I used the purple one I had on hand and 2 red ones), plus I added 1 hot hungarian pepper sliced thinly! In a saucepan combine 2 cups of water, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 cups of apple cider vinegar, 8 cloves of garlic, and 1/3 yellow mustard seeds. Bring this to a rolling boil until the sugar is dissolved and then add 1 cup of ice,
let this cool till the ice is melted and pour over the veggies that have been packed into the jars. I got 3 pints and 2 jelly size jars filled with a cup left over. With the hot hungarian pepper in the mix, it's pretty hot!! But I'm thinking it will be good over beef sandwiches or pork chops or just by itself! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...