Thursday, September 15, 2011

Beans

I love baked beans! I know some of you are secret lovers of beans, but not of the gas they may provide your body with at times! My friend, Lori, made beans 3 weeks ago for a gathering of friends and they were fantastic! So, I called her and asked for the recipe, by the way she really doesn't have a recipe, so here is what she said to do. Recipe: soak and cook some beans, drain the beans and add one can of tomatoes(diced, or crushed or whole) to the drained beans, one onion chopped(this is were it gets fuzzy), add some brown sugar(maybe 1/2 cup), some bacon(I'm thinking 3 slices cut up), and some molasses(you are on your own with this ingredient)!At this point, I put the beans in my crockpot and cooked them on low. Cook this for 1 - 1 1/2 days till beans are tender, tomatoes break down, the bacon and sugar have some together! They are excellent! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...