Wednesday, September 21, 2011

apple cke

Tomorrow night is our turn to host Bible study! We love our group, we are very good cooks, but most of these ladies are very great bakers! I an okay baker, I would like to be better, but I don't need to have the calories around the house! So, I have a bag of apples to do something with and remembered a recipe from smittenkitchen.com and thought I would give it a whirl, but my back and leg decided to act up and so I did what I could with the recipe! Recipe: 5 cortland apples, peeled and cut up, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar, put the apples, sugar, and cinnamon in a separate bowl and put aside! Mix 3 large eggs, 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of orange juice and 3/4 cup of oil. Mix well and place in 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for about 45-60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. I plan to serve this with vanilla ice cream! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...