Tuesday, September 6, 2011

corn soup

Well, I am suppose to make corn soup according to the recipe in the Dorie Greenspan's cookbook "Around my French Table", but I didn't have all the ingredients and wasn't going to go back to work and pick them up! So, I made do with what I have on hand such as cream not milk, whole baby carrots not cut up carrots. So here is my recipe: 4 ears of corn cut off the cob, 1 pint of half and half, 1 cup of water, 2 very small onions, 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 sprigs of thyme, and 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper. Saute onion in oil , add corn and stir well. Add cream and water, salt, pepper to taste, and then add the jalapeno. Spicy, but nice! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...