Monday, January 14, 2013

too many bananas

What a title!!!! Well, I went to the store and bought 6 bananas, we ate one(me) . The other 5 are looking kinda sad and needed something done with them. My friend, Mary, said why don't you freeze them! Well, that would be okay, but I have 6 bags of frozen bananas in 2 freezers. So, 3 of them became banana bread tonight. My old standby recipe is: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of oil, 2-3 bananas mashed, 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 teapsoon of baking soda and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Mix the bananas, eggs and sugar together, add the soda and flour. then the walnuts and oil. Pour into bread pan that has been greased well or sprayed. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Very yummy! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...