Friday, January 11, 2013

Dinner: a love story

I bought a new cookbook called "Dinner : a love story" by Jenny Rosenstrach. In this book Jenny talks about having family dinners and how important they are to everyone! How it is achievable to make dinner a priority for all families whether its gourmet or peanut butter and jelly. We tried hard to eat together every night when our kids were growing up. At one point when the kids were younger like 6 and 9, we read a library book a chapter at a time at the table, like the unabridged addition of "Bambi." Totally worth the read and everyone at the table took a chapter to read. At this season of our lives, Gordon and I don't eat so much most nights. I try to make a large meal over the weekend so we can have leftovers for a few night during the week. I still like to try new recipes and my goal this year is to make one recipe at least once a month. So my question to you is, do you eat one meal together?? Do you have some old standbys like meatloaf or pancakes???? Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...