Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday notes

Well, I couldn't figure out a title,so it's just me talking(what I do best?)! My friend, Cheryl, from work made me a pair of beautiful pearl hanging earrings for nothing! What can I do for a friend like that??? Well, I'm making her a little loaf of pound cake! I just love Jennifer Reese's recipe for pound cake, of course, I changed it up a little. Recipe follows: 2 sticks of softened butter, 2 cups of sugar, mix these together for 5 minutes, add 5 large eggs one at time until well mixed, then add 2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder. Please don't over mix, when you finish with the baking powder turn off mixer and stir anything hanging on sides of bowl with the scraper. Place into a greased loaf pan, please have the oven preheated to 325 and put dough in the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 1/2 or until toothpick comes out clean. We are loving it! I also found a few more new sites to check out, simplysogood.blogspot.com and onegoodthingbyjillee.com Excellent sites for homemade soaps, bread, etc. Here's a picture of the bread made into rolls from simply so good. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...