Saturday, August 6, 2011

savory bread


I saw this beautiful loaf of cheese and savory bread in Dorie's cookbook. I said to Gordon "isn't that a pretty picture of this bread?" He said"sure", not really paying attention(like normal), so I decided to make it tonight!
(Top photo is mine. It looks close and smells heavenly! Sorry that my photos isn't so clear, but the other on is from the book!)


It has a very distinct flavor because of the cheddar cheese I used, it's both grated and cubed! Recipe: 1 3/4 cups of flour, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1 cup of grated white cheddar or Gruyere cheese, 2 oz. of white cheddar or Gruyere, 1/4 cup of fresh chives/ Mix eggs, milk, and oil, add the flour, baking powder. I, at this point had the cheese grated and cubed in another bowl(huge one) and added the batter to this bowl for easy mixing. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes, I bake mine for 40. I also used a tin foil pan a little smaller than a regular size loaf. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing! Enjoy with a cup of tea, fruit and more cheese! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...