Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dilly Bread

I found on pioneer woman website the other day a dilly bread recipe. I haven't made in this years, probably 20! So, I made it the other night and forgot to buy dill seed, so I made it with spinach and herb blend, it was a hit!! Today I made it with rosemary(from my indoor plant who hasn't died yet!!!) Here is the recipe: 1 cup of lukewarm cottage cheese, 1 pkg of yeast, 2 tablespoons of minced onion,2 teaspoons of dill seed, 2 teaspoons of softened butter, 1/4t baking soda, 1/4t


salt, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 cup of water, and 2 cups of flour. Mix the water and yeast, I did add the sugar to that also, then I nuked the cottage cheese for 50 seconds to take the chill off, added the egg, baking soda, salt, and yeast mixture together, added the flour and cover with plastic wrap for about 1 hour. Grease a pan and turn out the bread into the pan, let that rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Brush with butter after baking, serve warm!!!YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...