Friday, May 14, 2010

Family


My elderly Uncle passed away yesterday! It has made me very sad as it's an end to an era! I can't explain it any other way! He was the last of 4 siblings, he was a wonderful man, loved Jesus, loved his family, loved the outdoors and his wife of 74 yrs. We saw him last Sept and I was so sad to leave as I knew it was the last time I would see him on earth! I told him I how much I loved him and would miss him! He made the best peach cobbler in a dutch oven that he learned from Boy Scouting and the best biscuits and gravy! I will miss him as he was my last connection to my mother! He's in glory and walking streets of gold with family! Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Earl, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle, it is so hard to loose loved ones. But you are right, he is in a better place and what a glorious day that will be when we ALL see Jesus!!! Hang in there girl...Love ya, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Summer

Today is the first day of summer! What are your plans for this summer? A family trip? Beach time? Swimming lessons? What do you have planned...