Wednesday, May 12, 2010

chocolate heaven


I came across a recipe yesterday and decided to make it last night! I need to interject something here, that I really don't care for chocolate! It started a few years ago when I was having gallbladder problems, stayed away from it for a long time! But ever now and again, I have a craving for it! Here's the recipe for Granny's Chocolate Cobbler: 1 c. of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder,7 tablespoons of cocoa powder,1 1/4 c of sugar, 1/2c of milk, 1/3c of melted butter,1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1- 1/2c of brown sugar,1- 1/2c of hot tap water. Preheat oven, stir together the flour, baking powder,3 tablespoons of cocoa, and 3/4c of sugar. Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix till smooth. Pour mixture into an ungreased 8 x 8 baking dish. In a small bowl mix the remaining sugar, cocoa and brown sugar. Sprinkle this over the mixture. Pour the tap water over the batter. DO NOT STIR!!! Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is set! Hold yourself back before cutting about 5 minutes. then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream! YUM!!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...