Thursday, May 4, 2017

Idea

 I was reading Mavis Butterfield's blog last week, which I read everyday, but something struck me last week and I think I'm going to try it! One week a month of no spending money on groceries, I think it's worth a try for a couple of months. As you all know, I work in a grocery store where I see things discounted daily, so this could be a challenge. I'm up for it!  Who else wants to try this?? Only eat what is in the freezer or refrigerator, buy enough fresh fruit and vegetables! Check out her blog at www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com. She has great ideas for gardening and I admire her blog, it's great!
 I have some new recipes to try out, mostly grain based. A Reuben salad made with rye berries, and a grain barley soup! They sound yummy! I also started a sourdough starter. I'm going to start making bread again! Wish me luck!!! Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...