Monday, May 29, 2017

New week

Good afternoon to all who read this,

We have had a wonderful weekend! I had Saturday and Sunday off as usual , but I only worked about 2 hours today, so it's a win-win for me!
It's been a cool not warm weekend! High was 72 yesterday, rainy today!
Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Especially to those who have served, are serving and have retired from the service! Thank you for your service!
We had lunch with my niece and her husband yesterday. They live in California and were in the twin cities area for another reason, but reached out to us to meet! Loved it!! There was 11 people and we laughed, ate, laughed some more and then I cried when it was over. Saying goodbye is hard for me!! We don't see them, but every few years! Hoping to maybe travel there sometime in the next few years!
We got our load of wood and Gordon has been slowly cutting it up! It's a lot of work and time! Thank you Gordon for doing this, it's wonderful heat in the winter!
So, my sourdough didn't turn out well, it was okay, but I'm reading a new book and started my sourdough starter all over. This process takes 5 days, so I'm on day 3. Almost ready to do the next step!
So this last item, I found at the local library. What a treasure to look at this and have such fond memories of the show. The recipes are very practical! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...