Sunday, October 18, 2015

Favorites

Today I want to share a few favorite things I like. 1. The coffee mug Erika gave me about a hundred years ago, one itty bitty chip in the handle, can't part with it yet! Maybe soon. Not sure.
2. I made homemade applesauce which I love. My grandma would put Red Hots in the hot applesauce, made it pink with a little kick.
3.  Baking squash to put in freezer for late use. Hopefully I will make some pumpkin bars and squash casserole. There is a new chef program on PBS called A Chef's Life. I love it. Vivian Howard is a down home girl from North Carolina who makes pretty much everyday food with a small twist. Yesterday's episode was about casseroles and how to glam them up. Can't wait till her cookbook is out! Oh boy, I will have to clean out a spot on the shelving for it!! Last week it was the might beet, she made a beet cake, kinda reminds me of red velvet cake. And of course, pickled beets, yum is all I can say there!!!
4. Chicken rice soup for lunch today. Made with leftover chicken from Friday. Good on a cool fall day!
 Applesauce, not pretty to look at, but mighty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...