Friday, June 28, 2013

beans

I made a pan full of beans on Sunday afternoon. I started with Cranberry beans which are a wonderful and beautiful color bean, Pinkish color. So I soaked them for about 3 hours in a pan of water. Slowly heated them up at 3 hours soaking, added a sliced onion to the water. After cooking for 2 hours, I added 3 large pieces of cubed ham to the beans, 1/2 cup of molasses, 1/2 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and made sure the water was above the beans. I cooked them for another 2 hours, let them cool down and put the pan in the refrigerator over night. When I got home Monday from work, most of my meal was done! I warmed the beans up for another 2 hours, then we made grilled ham sandwiches to go with the beans. Well, we are still eating the beans, but they are getting better as they get heated through each meal!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...