Sunday, December 18, 2011

french toast

I made one of the recipes from Friday's Sample Fest for our breakfast. Gordon wasn't thrilled with it and so it will not grace our table again! It was too much like bread pudding and he doesn't like that, but here's the recipe for you all to try! Recipe: (I cut this in half for us otherwise this amount will fit a 9x13 pan greased.) 12 slices of bread, place at least 6 on the bottom of pan, then mix 6 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, pour half of the milk-egg mixture over bread and

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour over bread, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans over the over the slices of bread, repeat layer. Let this soak over night or at least for a few hours. Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes or until it puffs up. Make a glaze of milk and powdered sugar to serve over this. YUM(at least I think so). Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...