Friday, July 29, 2011

hot pepper jelly! YUM!!!

This was a great recipe! I used most of Paula Deen's recipe except for the part where I did put the cleaned and seeded peppers in the food processor. So slick!! Don't let it go too long or you will have pepper juice, but otherwise it was easy! Recipe: 2 green peppers, 4 Hungarian hot peppers, 1 1/2 cups of cider vinegar, 6 cups of sugar, 1 packet of Certo, and some drops of green coloring. Process the peppers and place peppers, sugar and vinegar in 6 qt sauce pan or soup pot(as I made the mistake of walking away and having a spillage, sticky stove), so watch this till it boils, turn off heat and add the Certo and food coloring! I put this mixture in Ball plastic jars, and then in the freezer. It made 5 jelly size jars of goodness! We tasted some on crackers and it was delicious!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...