Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My Irish Soda Bread

 I think I have a little Irish in me as my sister did the ancestry DNA and found that we are 60% from the United Kingdom group, which includes Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. So here is the best Irish soda bread that was given to me from a friend after I tasted it about 43 years ago.
 Recipe:
Sift together in the mixing bowl,
 3 c. flour        - 3 teaspoons of baking powder
2/3 cup of sugar     - 1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
Add:
1 cup of raisins that I plump using water and letting them sit for about 30 minutes in the water
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoons of caraway seed
1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
2 tablespoons of melted butter

Mix this until moistened, DON'T over mix!!! You will be punished in the form of a not so great dough.
Pour into greased loaf pan. I use 3 pans, different sizes. Sprinkle a little sugar on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done using s toothpick that comes out clean. Remove from pan immediately. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...