Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spanish Rice with a twist

My parents weren't really exotic food people. We ate pretty standard food, like chicken, pot roast, hamburgers, corn bread, etc, you get the picture. Every now and then, we ordered Chinese food! But my mom would make maybe once or twice a year, Spanish rice. You know the fried hamburger, rice, chopped tomatoes, and onion. Not spicy at all!!! No spice!!! Oh, I take that back, there was 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce. Well, in tribute to Mom's dish, I made my Spanish rice with Italian venison burger, onion, Mexican spices, corn, brown rice, 1 can of diced tomatoes and green peppers from last summers garden that I had froze. I also made corn muffins with corn. They were good and Gordon had 2. Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...