Tuesday, March 26, 2013

venison stew

 
I am making venison stew. Saw the recipe at "The Chew" TV show website. I tweak it to fit us and the venison I have in the freezer that I need to use up!! Looks pretty doesn't it! This picture is before I added the beef broth, you can see all the vegetables and meat!
Recipe is: 2 pounds of beef roast cut up or as in my case venison roast cut up. 1 pound of mushrooms cut up, 5 carrots cut into big pieces, 2 stalks of celery cut up. The recipe called for stout beer, I didn't add the stout beer as I didn't have it, I just added 4 cups of beef broth and 1 tablespoon of worcesterchire sauce. I made it in a cast iron pot and fried the meat first in a tab;espoon of olive oil, adding the veggies. It will cook for 1 1/2 hours on top of the stove. I suppose I could have made this in the crockpot, but wanted to see what it would look like this way!! Blessings during this Holy Week. I am trying to prepare my heart for this holy week and Resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...