Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday

Of course, most of you know that today is church day for us. It's also a day of rest for us! I made a few exceptions today and did some laundry. I also tried out a new recipe from Rachael Ray's tv show called "Beef Tinga". Of course I had to change it up! Recipe: chuck roast cut up into 1 inch pieces,

salt and pepper each side(I used soup meat because it was cheaper than chuck roast), our homemade chorizo(from venison), 2 small onions diced, 1 can of diced tomaotes and 1 cup of water. Brown the chuck in some oil and make sure each side is browned, remove from pan, in same pan brown the chorizo meat and onions. Put the meat and onions is a stock pot and add the tomatoes. I used 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of cayene. Put the stock pot in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours or 275 degrees(while we went to the show for 4 hours. The meat just falls apart and you can eat it with tortillas or as we did with homemade blueberry muffins! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...