Thursday, January 23, 2014

winter life

Well, the winter goes on and on here in northern Wisconsin! Today's high was -2, last night it was -22 with wind chill at -40. Winter life is so different for the people who moved here in the last 8 years, this is actually the winter temps of yesteryear, like the 1980's when we moved here. We came to Wisconsin from Illinois in 1976, the first winter we were here it was -50 one day and that wasn't wind chill temps. So, you need to quit asking me when this is going to end, it will end in April. We will thaw out then and not much before unless we get an early spring which I don't see coming!!!We live here for a reason and the temps have made me forget why!!LOL!!!!:)
I realize this post is a little different from what I usually post, but I just wanted to tell you all that winter is winter and please learn to deal with it!!! Amen! Blessings!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen.... I agree.... We have had the same kind of weather here... We moved to Iowa in 1996..... My first winter I had the heat set at 78 because we were not use to it.... got the heating bill and about died...well the thermostat came WAY down.... This has been a cold winter but you plan on winter projects and I get my exercise with shoveling the snow...... Have a wonderful evening...Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...