Friday, December 21, 2012

french onion soup

I started this soup last night, so will totally finish the photo taking tonight, but here is the beginning!! Recipe is: 4 small onions sliced, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence, 1 Tablespoon of  beef flavoring mixed with 6 cups of water, and 2 cups of a good drinking red wine. So, I sliced the onions and heated the oil up, placed the onions in the fry for 10- 15 minutes. I wanted them a little darker so I went the 15 minutes. So, the second photo is the finished soup after cooking for about 45 minutes. Tonight all I need to do is reheat the soup, turn the broiler on, ladle the soup into bowls, place a slice of french bread in the soup and top the bread with some grated muenster cheese. Place your bowls in the broiler for just a few minutes until the cheese melts, please please make sure your bowls can take the heat!!! Also be careful placing the bowls in the oven on cookie sheets. Enjoy the soup!! More photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...