Sunday, April 3, 2011

rhubarb

I found some rhubarb in the freezer and thought I should probably make something before the new growth starts showing up this spring(if ever spring shows up, expecting some snow today, yicks)! Recipe: 6 cups of rhubarb, diced, 3/4 cup of sugar, 2 Tablespoons of oj, 1 pat of butter place in 8 inch pan, I sprinkle in some corn starch for thickening. Topping: 3/4 of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of flour, 3/4 of brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons of butter, melted. Mix this together and pour over the rhubarb. Bake 350 for 40 minutes, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.


Pretty basic, but so good! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...