Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baked Beans

I saw this recipe on marthastewart.com and thought it would be fun to make for Sunday supper. I bought the cranberry beans and soaked them over night, then cooked them in the morning, I put them in the crockpot with all the other ingredients. They cooked all day, but I must of put too much water in the crockpot as it came out soup, so I cooked up some venison hamburger meat to add some more body to the "soup" and it was very good! So, we are eating leftovers tonight! Recipe: 1 lb. of cranberry beans, 1/4c. of molasses, 1/4c. of maple syrup, 1/4c of grainy mustard, 1/2c of ketchup(the recipe called for tomatoes, but I didn't have any handy), 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 onions peeled and quartered. Soak and cook the bean, in a separate bowl add the molasses,olive oil,ketchup, mustard and syrup. Add the onions, with the beans and liquid. Bake for 2 hours or 6 hours in the crockpot on low. YUM!!!Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...