Sunday, October 9, 2016

Book

So I finished reading "Almost Amish" By Nancy Sleeth, it was interesting. She is into more of less is more attitude which I feel can be helpful for young married people, single people or like me people with too much, which I am continuing to get rid of things. Cleaned out the pajama drawer today, next on my list is my earrings. Then, the drawer with odds and ends of Christmas items that have no meaning to me.
Nancy did say some interesting things though so I don't want to brush over them lightly. She did talk about making relationships that are meaningful is much more important than stuff and they were able to teach that to their children. They have downsized several times and eliminated more items in the process. I am awed by that, I get overwhelmed and stop when I can't see the big picture. My friend Chris is a life coach and I should hook up with her in how to reach a happy medium and not quit this for weeks in getting rid of stuff that has no meaning to me ! Help Chris if you are reading this. Stuff is stuff and I keep telling myself that, but sometimes it doesn't translate to my brain!
 But here's to a better week and more purging when I find time. This week Gordon and I are going in to the twin cities to see Camelot which is playing at Chanhassen Dinner Theater. This is last years Christmas gift to us! Staying the night and seeing the kids, going to Cabela's and getting away from here, YAY!!!!! Blessings, Earlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...