Saturday, February 20, 2016

post birthday blues

Yesterday was my 64th birthday, I'm pretty excited to be able to sing the Beatles song, "When I'm 64." But just when I think things are going good, the "hub" forgets my birthday entirely. NO card, extra kiss, gift and extra hug. Man, where did I go wrong!???  So on this blog I feel safe to say, I'm really bummed out! He usually doesn't forget the whole thing, maybe a card , but this just hurts!! My kids and friends do better at making me feel wonderful for my birthday. It makes me wonder what is he thinking?? I don't want to read too much into this, but it makes one think! I told him this hurts my feelings, but sorry just doesn't cut it! Any suggestions?? Pray for me! I'm very sad! Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. First off: Happy Late Birthday, Earlene! (You're such a special gift to the world.) I'm so sorry your hubs forgot, I know that hurts. Here's what I started doing years ago because Tom's Dyslexia doesn't help him retain dates, and we hardly ever know what day/date it is anymore with our crazy schedule: I wake up on my birthday and tell everyone around me, "It's my Birthday today! Let's celebrate!" I even answer the phone singing the Happy Birthday song. Ha! People get frustrated cuz they called to sing it to me - but I don't take the chance and we laugh and laugh at my contagious party spirit. I realized it's okay to be bold about my expectations and everyone around me gets into the celebration right away, too. Admittedly, I'm not a gift and flower girl...just give me a nice dinner with those I love. Starting my day this way frames my mindset in thankfulness for another year. I use it as a day to reflect on the good of the past year and a time of sensing what God will do the next year. Hope this helps spark an idea for you, too. I'm sure Gordon feels awful now that he knows. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I used to do a count down when Feb. started, but a couple of times it didn't help him. I told him he was in the dog house, he said he knew and gave me the saddest look on his face, like a little boy who got caught and was sorry! Kissed me and said he was sorry on Saturday. So, needless to say he's been forgiven and next year will be different!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...