Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

I used to just hate Mother's Day. I felt disrespected and weepy!!! I have the best family, but the enemy tried to steal that from me for more years than I care to count!! I finally came to the conclusion that Mother's Day is just a day! Like any other day for most mom's. Yes, we might get a gift, flowers or cards, go out to eat, have breakfast made for us, but shouldn't everyday be celebrated if you're a mom???? I don't know when that light bulb went off, but the last few years, I've been in a non celebrating like the world celebrates mood. My mom was my best friend as I got older, We weren't always friends, but my whole world became a little smaller when she died!! I missed our phone calls, her smell, her hands, her voice because I lived so far away, we talked a lot on the phone. Things I loved best was she became my friend over a period of time, I can't get that back, but when I look in the mirror or cough or smile, I see my mom!!! Thank you, Mom. I still miss you after all these 27 years that you have been gone, but I know you are waiting for me with Daddy!!! Happy Mother's Day dear friends and enjoy the day, enjoy the laughter, love and life we share with family!! Blessings!! P. S. Don't cry over this, as it's just my wandering thoughts and I'm good!

1 comment:

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...