Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ruth's spaghetti


Most of my family knows that spaghetti is not my favorite meal! I'm not sure why, but I will eat it when I go to someones house if that is what is put in front of me, but at a restaurant or at home, that's not in my radar! But lately I had spaghetti at my friend's Ruth's house and it was the best! I overheard her tell how she makes it and so I tried to recreate it! I think I did a fine job and Gordon said to please remember what I did so I would do it again! I think that's a fine compliment! So here's what I did: 1 package of beef stew meat(maybe a 1/2 pound), 4 Italian sausages cut up into small pieces, 10 meatballs(homemade is what I used), 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste(in the tube), 2 grated garlic cloves, and 1 green pepper diced. So I browned the meat, added the garlic and pepper, then added the sauce and paste. I did add 1 Tablespoon of sugar towards the end of cooking! The sauce got me and I love it! I simmered the meat for 45 minutes before I added anything else! Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Earl, This recipes sounds delicious, I love spaghetti!!! I will have to try it sometime. Hope all is well with you and your family. Brent and I come home pretty much every weekend now to work on the house. It's coming along.....hope to see you soon. Blessings, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Update

So the week of no extra grocery buying actually went well! I would do it again in a heart beat and I challenge anyone else to try it! Just b...