Monday, June 29, 2009

bread

I just made some homemade bread. It takes a little bit, but the basic start is 5 minutes! Yes, I said 5 minutes, of course there are more steps than the first and that takes up to 2 hours. So, here's my recipe that I have adapted from the main recipe: 3 cups of cool water, 1 1/2 tablespoons of yeast. Stir this together(you can add some salt, but I found the bread too salty), add 6 cups of flour, this mixture will be very wet and loose, don't worry it's going to be ok!! Let that set in a bowl with plastic wrap or a clean ice cream bucket for 45 minutes. Then divide the dough into 2 loaves in greased or sprayed pans. Let that set for 45 minutes covered with plastic wrap. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, bake the bread for 5 minutes at 450, then turn oven down to 375 degrees for 20 minutes more. Turn bread out of pan after taking out oven, let it cool before slicing!!! Get the butter and jam, ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...