Friday, October 15, 2010

squash cake


I found a recipe for pumpkin cake and of course, I'm not crazy about pumpkin, but love squash!So, I made the cake with squash and it's so moist and wonderful!!! I found the recipe in Saveur magazine and followed most of the recipe, just not the filling as I didn't make a layer cake! I also cut the recipe in half as we don't need to have so much sweet stuff hanging around, so this the recipe in half! Recipe follows: 1 cup of squash cooked and 1 Tablespoon of oil, use mixer and mix well, until it looks like puree. Cake ingredients: 4 Tablespoons of softened butter, 1 cup of flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 egg, 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of buttermilk. Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar together, add egg and milk, add remaining ingredients, pour into greased pan(8x8). Preheat oven to 350 and bake cake for 28 minutes. Let cool before frosting cake. Frosting: 4 oz. of cream cheese soft, 2 Tablespoons of soft butter, 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar and enough powdered sugar to hold together(about 1/2 cup). Very excellent! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...