Thursday, July 9, 2009

cookbooks

How many cookbooks should one person have?? I think that's a question for the ages! About 5 years ago I got rid of 25 cookbooks that I didn't use or intend to use, now isn't that a shame! One person bought all of them, so what does that say? I marked them too cheap!!! I have to admit, I'm a cookbook junkie! My husband said he wasn't buying anymore and then brought home a cookbook from a local church where he had repaired their furnace! How many do you have?? And now I've started to collect printed copies of recipes I have found online, man, it's too much!! Now, I have to organize them! Some of the best recipes I have found recently are from 2 websites: 1. smittenkitchen.com. Deb doesn't update as quickly as I would like, but hey, that's me. 2. thepioneerwoman.com Ree has many recipes I have used in the last 3 months. The best ever sheet cake is probably the best sheet cake I have ever had, her lasagna is very good( I have made it 5 times) and I don't do lasagna as it's too putsy,but I've made hers!I did change a few things with her recipe, not so much meat and grated cheese as compared to her sliced cheese! Her cinnamon rolls are ok, mine are better! Her friend, Hyacinth's cookies with apricots are very good.
I'm still hoping some of you friends and family members will quit lurking around this blog and actually jump in and send me some recipes! Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just starting my cookbook collection. I have two. Both from thrift stores and both vegetarian :).
    I got a good laugh out of this line, "Her cinnamon rolls are ok, mine are better!" haha! You nut. <3

    ReplyDelete

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...