Tuesday, July 21, 2009

bread salad

I have learned a fast and easy way to make bread salad! Bread salad is usually made with day old bread. The Italians use day old and then soak the bread in water, which we can't do it justice in the States to replicate, I'm not sure why, but when we do it that way, the bread is just a soggy mess!! So,I came up with a crunchy style which my family has enjoyed for years, but last weekend I made it different and everyone enjoyed it alot! So, here's the original recipe: 1/2 loaf of french bread cubed, 2 garlic cloves-minced, butter, olive oil, onion, balsamic vinegar and tomatoes. Heat a skillet and heat it up with the oil, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the oil, add the garlic and the bread cubes. Stir all together and fry for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl add balsamic vinegar(about 2 tablespoons),1/4 cup olive oil, 1 onion chopped and 3 tomatoes- chopped. Then add the bread cubes and toss all together!

New recipe: 1 bag of onion and garlic croutons, 2 cartons of grape tomatoes, 1 onion and 1-15oz. can of diced tomatoes. In a large bowl add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 5 tablespoons of olive oil, add 1 clove of garlic minced. Open can of tomatoes and pour into bowl, add the grape tomatoes and onion. Stir very well. I usually refrigerate over night or for about 2hours before I serve. It was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...