Thursday, April 6, 2017

Vacation

Since I'm off on medical leave, we decided to go on a trip to see my cousins! We had a lot of fun! We stopped in Champaign, Ill to see long time friends and had supper with them! We laughed a lot and showed photos of children / grandchildren! Spent the night in a glamour motel room, then onto Missouri! Cousins live about 1 1/2 hours south of St. Louis. We went to Aldi's, Rural King, Steak and Shake, Amish store and Hobby Lobby. We ate a lot, laughed a lot, took a nap , watched basketball finals, and laughed a few more times! Gordon did a couple of repairs for them and he felt like we earned our keep. The grass is green there and people are out mowing, tulips are up and so are the crocus'. We took part of the river road home yesterday that comes out of Hannibal, Missouri home of Mark Twain. It was a drizzling, rainy day, so it wasn't very pretty! But the countryside was interesting and southern/western Wisconsin is very pretty rolling hills! So, I was extremely tired today after driving most of yesterday, got 2 loads of laundry done, suitcases unpacked and put away, cooler emptied, food put away, and a 15 minute nap!! This what I call a tulip tree, but I do believe I have heard that its in the same family as a Magnolia tree. My parents had a tulip tree in their yard and if it was blooming at Easter time we would have our picture taken and we loved that tree. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...