Tuesday, October 23, 2012

fall

As most of you know this isn't my favorite season because winter is close behind!!! It is a pretty time of the year and the cooler weather is always a great relief from the heat of summer. Anyway, I have a girlfriend that has stomach issues and has gone gluten free. She shared a recipe with me on Saturday(while I was working and she was not dashing around the store on break). It is called African peanut stew. I didn't like the photo so you can't see it, but let me tell you it's an easy and beautiful stew. Recipe is the following: 1 diced white onion, 1 1/2 pounds of sweet potatoes- cubed, 1 green pepper diced, 1 clove of garlic minced, 1 teapsoon of grated fresh ginger, I used a 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning as I didn't have cumin or red pepper,1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth, 1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of drained garbanzo beans. I sauted the onion, garlic, and green pepper in coconut oil for about 4 minutes
(1 teaspoon), then add the spices and sweet potatoes. Cook this for about 5 minutes. Then start adding the rest and cook this on a simmer heat for 30 minutes. I then added 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the stew and stirred that around for about 5 more minutes. I did add some peanuts at the very end for a crunch. The house smelled so amazing and the stew is so refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...