Tuesday, February 28, 2012

lemon tea cookies

Last week, Gordon and I went to Sam's in Duluth to pick a few items. While, there I saw Meyer Lemons and bought the pack of them. They are quite a bit different than regular lemons as they aren't as sour, almost sweet! So, with a just few left, I thought I would make some cookies with the juice from them. I saw a recipe in this cookbook I have read through once and just tweeked it for me! Lemon Tea cookies: 2 sticks of softened butter, 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1 3/4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of corn starch. Mix the flour, corn starch, powdered sugar together, in a mixing bowl mix the lemon juice and butter till creamy. Add the dry ingredients. I tasted the dough at this point and added 1/4 cup of sugar more for sweeting or you could cut back on the lemon juice. Roll the dough on wax paper into a log and place in refrig for one hour. Slice and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. They are really good at this point, but the main recipe called for a frosting which I will skip! Blessings and hugs!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!

 Hello, I hope everyone is well and will find this blog again! I'm going to try and blog again!  So much has happened in the last two ye...